Etsy is seeking a rock-star manager to drive new seller recruitment, activation, retention and growth, based in Dublin, Ireland. We’re looking only for applicants who are native speakers of Spanish and Italian. Other widely spoken language are a plus.
At Etsy, we’re passionate about supporting people in doing what they love for a living, and your job is to help as many people in our international market as possible to do just that.
About the Position
The Seller Activation Specialist will play a key role in helping the small, fast-growing Etsy international team to drive Etsy’s presence in new regions and languages. He/she will lead the charge in building the base of successful sellers from acquisition, retention and ultimately high sales growth.
- Drive new seller recruitment and activation
- Identify and refine success tactics for Etsy sellers
- Continual data driven analysis of Etsy Sellers and the indicators for their success
- Identify and suggest product needs based on seller interaction and insights
- Documentation and reporting as needed for Etsy International
- Help with translation of marketing materials and outreach
The Seller Activation lead should have 1-3 years of experience in Sales or Customer Support.
- Superior communication skills via phone, emails and face-to-face conversation
- Native speaker of Spanish or Italian
- Proficiency in Portuguese, Polish, Greek and/or other languages a plus
- An avid user of the internet with an advanced level of computer literacy
- Fast to learn new information and processes and adapt accordingly
- Proactive and able to manage multiple requirements at once with tight deadlines
- Goal oriented and can build a plan to achieve against targets
- Friendly and deft at building relationships
- OK with an “all hands on deck” approach during busy times
- Passionate about handmade and/or vintage
- The kind of person that likes to laugh while you work
- A good listener
Etsy is creating the world’s most vibrant handmade marketplace. We connect shoppers with independent creators and designers to find inspiring handmade goods, while providing makers with the platform they need to make a living, making things. We believe that every transaction tells a story, and value the relationship among makers and buyers. Etsy celebrates individual creativity in design and craftsmanship and connects unique people, stories, and products in a playful and meaningful way. We serve 17 million members in over 150 countries.
If you’re interested in the job, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us what inspires you about Etsy and why you think you are perfect for the team. As you’ve probably guessed, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So write to us, in your own voice. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice another craft, that means something to us, and we would love to hear about it when you write!